lunedì 22 luglio 2013

Iran – Immediate medical furlough for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki. Letter sent to the Supreme Leader of Iran – 22/07/2013

Your Excellency,
I would like to take the opportunity to call your attention to the case of Iranian blogger Hossein Ronaghi Maleki
Hossein Ronaghi Maleki’s family has been informed by the Tehran Prosecutor’s office that the IRGC Intelligence division has denied their request for his medical furlough.
Due to the lack of specialized facilities, the lack of access to his treating physicians, and lack of proper nutrition, Ronaghi has recently encountered gastrointestinal bleeding and has not been able to take his needed medication for his prostate and kidney diseases.
Hossein suffering from kidney malfunction and prostate and bladder inflammation.
Hossein has decided to launch a hunger strike due to the the authorities’ disregard for a human life and health.
I ask the immediate medical furlough for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki.
Thank you for your attention.


giovedì 18 luglio 2013

Iran – Immediate medical furlough for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki

URGENT ACTION
Hossein Ronaghi-Maleki is an Iranian blogger and political dissident who was imprisoned in 2009 for his role in the post-election riots that erupted in Iran.

HIS LIFE IN DANGER FROM KIDNEY DISEASE AND NOW GASTRO-INTESTINAL BLEEDING, IMPRISONED IRANIAN BLOGGER HOSSEIN RONAGHI MALEKI HAS MEDICAL FURLOUGH BLOCKED BY REVOLTUIONARY GUARDS BECAUSE HE "CONTINUED HIS ACTIVISM" DURING A PREVIOUS FURLOUGH. (WHAT HE REALLY DID IS CALLED "VOLUNTEER EARTHQUAKE RELIEF" IN THE NORMAL UNIVERSE) MEANWHILE JUDICIARY OFFICIAL TELLS HIM: "YOU WILL DIE IN PRISON," AND BE FORGOTTEN IN A FEW WEEKS.....NONE OF WHICH WILL ANY OF US ALLOW TO HAPPEN!!!
Translation by Persian Banoo, July 16 2013--Tehran’s district attorney’s office has informed the family of incarcerated human rights activist, Hossein Ronaghi Maleki that the IRGC Intelligence is preventing the granting of a medical furlough for Hossein.According to Tehran’s Deputy Prosecutor, IRGC (the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps) has stated that, because, Hossein Ronaghi continued his activism while on the previous medical furlough, they will not permit another medical furlough, even if his incarceration jeopardizes his health.
The family of this political prisoner, who have asked the officials of the Islamic Republic to help secure his release and save his life, say, “We have repeatedly written to various officials in the Islamic Republic and have asked them to help save the life of our son. But so far, all of this letter writing and following up on his case, have not had any result. Hossein, like all the other political prisoners, is not guilty of any crime and must be released.”
According to a previously published report on Kaleme website, a Judiciary official, replying to Hossein’s voicing concern about unhealthy prison conditions and the lack of proper medical treatment for himself and other ill political prisoners, said, “You will eventually die in prison, and after a few weeks of the media noise, everything will become quite.”
According to Hossein’s family, he told them during a prison visit that he will launch a hunger strike in early Mordad (July 23rd is the beginning of month of Mordad) if the authorities continue their negligence and their disregard for human life,
The family of this human rights activist, expressing their concern about the state of his health, said, “Tehran’s District Attorney’s office has told us that the IRGC Intelligence opposes granting Hossein a medical furlough and that we must speak with IRGC’s interrogator about Hossein’s medical furlough.
Hossein has decided to launch a hunger strike due to the the authorities’ disregard for a human life and health. In the light of Hossein’s decision, and due to his existing illnesses, we are extremely concerned about his health and his life.
Anymore, we just don’t know which Judicial official we must turn to next for help and to get them to listen to our heartaches and to help solve our problem.
Due to the lack of specialized facilities, the lack of access to his treating physicians, and lack of proper nutrition, Ronaghi has recently encountered gastrointestinal bleeding and has not been able to take his needed medication for his prostate and kidney diseases.
According to previously published reports, despite Hossein suffering from kidney malfunction and prostate and bladder inflammation, was ordered back to prison by the district attorney prior to the presidential election.
Hossein Ronaghi Maleki was among those arrested after the 2009 disputed presidential election. He was arrested by IRGC Intelligence and tried at Branch 15 of the Revolutionary Court presided by Judge Pirabbasi, and was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment.Last August, while Ronaghi was on his first medical furlough, he, his brother and father, Ahmad and Hassan Ronaghi, along with 33 other earthquake aide workers, were arrested at the Sarand earthquake relief workers’ camp in the earthquake-stricken area of Azarbaijan.
In that case, Ronaghi was sentenced to 2 years and six months imprisonment on the charges of “Assembly and collusion with intent to act against the national security in the earthquake-stricken areas”, “Threat to public health through distribution of moldy bread”, and “Disobeying police orders”, thus, making his sentence increase to a total of 17 years and six months imprisonment.


Link Petitions:

LETTER
Object: Immediate medical furlough for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki

Your Excellency,

I would like to take the opportunity to call your attention to the case of Iranian blogger Hossein Ronaghi Maleki
Hossein Ronaghi Maleki’s family has been informed by the Tehran Prosecutor’s office that the IRGC Intelligence division has denied their request for his medical furlough.
Due to the lack of specialized facilities, the lack of access to his treating physicians, and lack of proper nutrition, Ronaghi has recently encountered gastrointestinal bleeding and has not been able to take his needed medication for his prostate and kidney diseases.
Hossein suffering from kidney malfunction and prostate and bladder inflammation.
Hossein has decided to launch a hunger strike due to the the authorities’ disregard for a human life and health.
I ask the immediate medical furlough for Hossein Ronaghi Maleki.
Thank you for your attention.
(your name)

Address:

Leader of the Islamic Republic Ayatollah Sayed ‘Ali Khamenei
Salutation: Your Excellency
The Office of the Supreme Leader
Islamic Republic Street – End of Shahid
Keshvar Doust Street,
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Email: info_leader@leader.ir
Twitter: "#Iran Leader

President of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Salutation: Your Excellency
His Excellency Hassan Rouhani
The Presidency
Palestine Avenue, Azerbaijan Intersection
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

Head of the Judiciary Ayatollah Sadegh Larijani
Salutation: Your Excellency
[care of] Public relations Office
Number 4, 2 Azizi Street
Vali Asr Ave., above Pasteur Street intersection
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Email: bia.judi@yahoo.com (subject line: FAO Ayatollah Sadegh Larijani)

Secretary General High Council for Human Rights
Salutation: Your Excellency
Mohammed Javad Larijani
c/o Office of the Head of the Judicary
Pasteur St, Vali Asr Ave
South of Serah-e Jomhouri
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Email: info@humanrights-iran.ir  
(Subject line: FAO Mohammad Javad Larijani)

Send letter official website of the office of the Supreme Leader of Iran
http://www.leader.ir/ 

Send letter official website of the President of Iran
http://rouhani.ir/contactus.php 

martedì 9 luglio 2013

Letter Bayan Khatib and Sarah Karkour (Office Public Relations the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces) - 09/07/2013

Letter Bayan Khatib and Sarah Karkour (Office Public Relations the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces) on the cases of Immediate release Syrian activists Mazen Darwish, Hussein Ghrer and Hani al-Zitani.

Thank you for the email. I will forward this to the head of our PR department.
Hoping for the release of all political prisoners soon!! We have called for this  several times in our press statements.
Thanks
Bayan
_________________________________________________

Dear Ms. Maria,
Thank you for your mail.
I would like to inform you that the Coalition is doing its best for the release of every detainees in the Assad's prisons.
I forwarded your request to the specialists in the Coalition to work on the release's issue of: Mazen Darwish, Hussein Ghrer and Hani Al-Zitani.
Thanks again.
Kind Regards,
Sarah

RESPONSE TO THE LETTER OF 8 JULY 2013

Dear Ms. Bayan Khatib, Office Public Relations the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces,
Dear Ms. Sarah Karkour, Office Public Relations the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces
We want to take the opportunity to call your attention to the case of Syrian activists Mazen Darwish, Hussein Ghrer and Hani al-Zitani.
Mazen Darwish is director of the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of expression.
Hussein Ghrer is blogger and graduate at the Faculty of Information Engineering.
Hani Zitani is a graduate of the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Sociology and university teacher.
We call for a strong diplomatic pressure. Their detention is unlawful and their lives are in danger.
Thanking you in advance for your time on this important and urgent matter.
Mariacarmela Ribecco (Italy), Maribel Lafuente (Spain), Gabriele Datzer (Germany), Maria Luisa Crosina (Italy), Soror Irani (Canada), Giuseppe Di Bella (French Polynesia), Anette Meyer (Sweden), Margaret Buyukkurt (Turkey), Isabella Rossi (Germany), Emerald Dove (Germany), Shary Faramarzi (Germany), Laurence Meylemans (France), Farzaneh Irandoost (Sweden), Bernard Durning (France), AnnaMaria Livolsi (Italy), Oliver Butenuth (Germany), Siyamack Sohrabmanesh (Italy), Larissa Bender (Germany), Louis Richard (Canada), Dominik Bender (Germany), Ruth Olafsdottir (USA), Sophie Caymaris (France), Elisabeth Scott (USA), Vu Nguyen (USA), Joanna Kozanecka (Poland), Paolo Merolla (Italy), Abier Bushnaq (Germany), Filippo Angileri (Italy), Sonja Jo (Syria), Elisabeth Millet (France), Markella V (Greece), Elisa Cassinelli (Italy), Michelle Crosslin (USA), Shahriar Imam (Italy), Petra Becker (Germany), Neiry Jacob (UK), Cordula Giewald (Germany), Bilal Breigheche (Italy), Fadia Foda (Germany), Emilio Diaz (Spain), Mary Rizzo (Italy), Markella Valsa (Greece), James Kubik (USA), Stelios Bardas (Greece), Enrica Del Gaudio (Italy), Heinz Leitner (Austria), Nader Moavenian (USA), Giuseppe Di Bella (France), Anita Hunt (UK), Chris Crowstaff (UK), Teresa Rosiak-Bolewska (Poland), Michael John Smith (Slovenia), Steinar Strandheim (Sweden), Joan Cove (UK), Nico Nissen (Germany), Fara Tah (Greece), Coy Falcon (Canada), Joanna Laude (France), Vanessa Marzullo (Italy), Lorenzo Querzola (Italy), Kurt Alleyne (UK), Elena Gennaro (Italy), Nabil Bushnaq (Germany), Thaddeus Hutyra (Belgium), Jim Kubik (USA), Fátima Coutinho (Brazil), Madell Scudder (USA), John Burke (USA), Niulis Targino (Brazil), Janet Beck (Canada), Gunn Vigdis Værnes (Norway), Siriaamor Siriaamor (Austria), Beverly Harris (USA), Madell Scudder (USA), Johannes De Ruiter (Netherlands), Patrick Peronne (France), Attika Toumi (France), Sophie Benali (Europe), Annalisa Roveroni (Italy), Max Rafii (USA), Siria Niviano (Italy), Christina Andersson (Sweden), Maria Sophia Quine (UK), Sergio Zucchi (Jamaica), Bronwen Griffiths (UK), Pi Overgaard (Denmark), Fariba Zivehe (Germany), Ray Safar (Canada), Rien Shaw (Canada), Irene Capelli (Italy), Sonja Jo (Syria), Germano Monti (Italy), Bronwen Griffiths (UK), Tommy Bäck (Switzerland), Margaret Lynd (Canada), Wynn M ChapmaN (France), Ana Lourdes León Melero (Spain), Mohssen M (Iran), Jutta Steller (Germany), Aidee Ugarte (USA), Erin LeGresley (Canada), Ali Soho (Philippines), Cornelia Toelgyes (Italy), Elizabeth McDonald (Canada), Josef Johnson (USA), Peggy Lynd (Canada), Higari Kaga (USA), John Ennis (USA), Marcello Luciano (USA), Ali Soho (Philippines), Ruj Rbk (France), Nasi Payghambarian (Sweden), Annabelle Gabriel (France), Marine Herrenschmidt (France), Amy Poll (Netherlands), Sallie Martin (USA), Patrizia Vampa (Italy), Deidre Kellogg (USA), Shohreh Ghasemi (USA), Pete Klosterman (USA), Jonathon Tingey (Canada), Marina Bondas (Germany), Blake Parker (USA), Rana Sammani (USA), Paie Hooper-Reichbart (USA), Emad Mahou (USA), Giorgio Galli (Italy), Pamela Damiana Cito (Italy), Bronwen Griffiths (UK), Alam Georgette (France), Terry White (Canada), Jeremy Fleming (Canada), Kurt Alleyne (UK), CM Esteve (France),  Francesca Frascaroli (Italy), Allen Dusablon (USA), Carole Vila (USA), Penina Sarah (USA), Chiara Costanzo (Italy), Ruth Leahy (Australia), Lise Aubin (Canada), David Mark (UK) and Azita Malek (Australia).

domenica 7 luglio 2013

Iran – Greater press freedom for Iranian journalists and fotoreporters

URGENT ACTION

LETTER

Object: Greater press freedom for Iranian journalists and fotoreporters

Your Excellency,

I wish to appeal to you on behalf of all Iranian journalists and fotoreporters which call for greater press freedom.
A new government for a big change. Many Iranian journalists and fotoreporters are prevented from leaving the country. Arrests. Passports denied.
I ask the new government to guarantee their safety. A nation legitimized by his people should not be afraid of a free press.
Thanking you in advance for your time on this important and urgent matter.
(your name)

Address:

President of the Islamic Republic of Iran
Salutation: Your Excellency
His Excellency Hassan Rouhani
The Presidency
Palestine Avenue, Azerbaijan Intersection
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

Contact official website of the President of Iran

Contact Twitter

Contact Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Rouhani.Fanpage

venerdì 28 giugno 2013

Letter Barbara Lochbihler (letter to the Iranian Ambassador in Brussels on the case of Arash Sadeghi) - 28/06/2013

Dear Ms Ribecco

Please find attached our letter to the Iranian Ambassador in Brussels on the case of Arash Sadeghi, for your information and possible re-distribution. Let's hope for the best!

Kind regards and thank you for your efforts,

Barbara Lochbihler
Chair of the EP Subcommittee on Human Rights


giovedì 27 giugno 2013

Letter Barbara Lochbihler (Chair of the EP Subcommittee on Human Rights) for Iranian Student Activist Arash Sadeghi - 27/06/2013

Dear Ms Ribecco

Thank you for updating us on the indeed worrying situation of Mr Arash Sadeghi. With all due caution about the info one receives and without being able to check, we have at least heard from his former lawyer that Arash Sadeghi is alive. However, the issue remains pressing. In my position as chair of the Human Rights Subcommittee of the European Parliament, I therefore drafted a letter on the case to the Iranian Ambassador yesterday, which is going to be co-signed by EP Vice-President Isabelle Durant and Tarja Cronberg, chair of the EP-Iran-Delegation. I will copy you as soon as I send it out, such that you can inform your networks.

Best regards,

Barbara Lochbihler
Chair of the EP Subcommittee on Human Rights

-----Original Message-----
From: mariacarmelaribecco@libero.it [mailto:mariacarmelaribecco@libero.it]
Sent: 26 June 2013 23:38
Subject: Iranian Student Activist Arash Sadeghi, On Hunger Strike Against Jailers' Brutality, Has Gone Missing!

Your Excellencies,
I am writing to express my extreme alarm regarding the plight of imprisoned Iranian student activist Arash Sadeghi. Mr. Sadeghi is currently serving a prison term for politically motivated (and therefore illegal) charges, but has another "case" opened against him and thus remains isolated and at the complete mercy of his interrogator. Recently, he went on hunger strike in protest against physical brutality he has endured. Since then, he has gone missing--no one, including his family and lawyer, know where he is! To make an already disturbing situation more unsettling, there are rumors circulating that Mr. Sadeghi may be dead. What is certain is that the continued "disappearance" of Arash Sadeghi into the bowels of the Islamic Republic's interrogation cellars while on hunger strike almost certainly implies continued abuse, possibly including  torture, being inflicted upon him. In this time of transition from one Iranian presidential administration to another, amid the great public fanfare regarding campaign platforms promising greater freedom, respect for human rights, and the release of all political prisoners in Iran, this is PRECISELY the type of situation in  which the international community CANNOT and MUST NOT remain as passive bystanders. I join all other voices urging you to use all the resources at the disposal of your officers to bring all possible pressure upon the Islamic Republic of Iran to immediatelyaccount for the whereabouts and well-being of Arash Sadeghi, to provide him with all necessary  medical care, and to secure his immediate and unconditional release from prison (with all convictions vacated and all pending charges dropped).
Thank you in advance for your timely action on the extremely urgent matter.
Sincerely,
Mariacarmela Ribecco


lunedì 17 giugno 2013

Revisione Norme sulla Blasfemia. Lettera inviata all’Ambasciatore Tehmina Janjua (Ambasciata del Pakistan in Italia) – 17/06/2013

Gentile Ambasciatore,
Mi chiamo Mariacarmela Ribecco è sono un’attivista italiana impegnata nel campo dei diritti umani.
Negli ultimi anni ho seguito con particolare attenzione la difficile condizione di vita delle minoranze religiose in Pakistan. Ho realizzato una petizione che nel corso di quest’ultimo anno ha raggiunto Mr. Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar, Papa Benedetto, la Delegazione per le relazioni con i paesi dell'Asia meridionale (Parlamento Europeo), il Rappresentante Speciale dell'Unione europea per i diritti umani Stavros Lambrinidis, il Dr. Paul Bhatti, il Governatore del Punjab Ahmad Mahmood, l’ex Presidente del Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari, l’organo d’informazione Express News, il Segretario Generale del Presidente del Pakistan Mr. Salman Faruqui e Papa Francesco.
Attraverso       questa lettera desidero chiedere una maggiore tutela delle minoranze religiose in Pakistan.
Simbolo di questa delicata vicenda è Asia Bibi, una donna pakistana costretta a vivere in una cella in attesa di una condanna ingiusta.
Le chiedo il suo impegno nella revisione delle norme introdotte nel 1986 sulla Blasfemia (articoli 295 B e C del Codice Penale Pakistano).
La signora Bibi rappresenta la paura e la richiesta di aiuto di una parte della popolazione pakistana minacciata e sottomessa per la propria fede. L’amore per la fede non deve e non può privare un cittadino del supporto del proprio Governo.
Le scrivo col cuore. Lo stesso cuore che oggi è vicino alle minoranze religiose e a una nazione che merita di trovare la pace.
Con profonda stima e speranza.